What information do we hold?
We hold details of individuals’ personal information that are in one of the following categories: customers who purchase tickets for a performance and therefore receive the Theatre’s What’s on Guide – those who receive the Theatre Newsletter – Theatre Members – 100 Club members or Theatre Volunteers.
The details held include: name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Why we use personal information?
We use your personal information in a variety of ways:-
- As a customer purchasing tickets, the information is used to record ticket purchases and allows us to refer to this with regard to future purchases. The information is also used to send you a copy of the Theatre’s What’s on Guide
- To issue the regular Theatre Newsletter to keep you informed and updated.
- To record new Theatre Members and 100 Club Members, to issue renewal information and to inform you of Theatre activities.
- To record and update Theatre volunteers information to keep them up to date with Theatre activities.
- From time to time we may contact you regarding selected Theatre activities
Will you be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only contact you for marketing purposes relating to Theatre activities in the form of the What’s On Guide, the Theatre Newsletter or from time to time certain performances we may wish to promote.
You can unsubscribe from receiving the Theatre’s marketing material by either e-mailing us at [email protected] or by writing to us at Frome Memorial Theatre, Christchurch Street West, Frome, BA11 1EB.
How do we keep information secure?
We will take appropriate steps to ensure that the personal records about you, processed through the Tickets.com website, are secure.
Our security measures include:-
- Encryption – when making an application to purchase tickets using the Theatres website, the information you submit is encrypted – so only you and the Tickets.com server can see it. This is indicated at the top of your computer screen in the address bar where you see it says ‘https’.
- Access controls on systems – all of our computer systems are password protected.
- Security training for all staff.
With whom will your personal information be shared?
We do not share your personal information with, or make it available to, any other companies or third party organisations for marketing purposes. However, if you purchase tickets we share your information with a partner organisation to enable the Theatre to distribute the What’s On Guide and they are forbidden to use it for their own business or marketing purposes.
How long will we keep your personal information?
Generally we will hold your information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose or which you provided it, unless you request it to be deleted.
Can I have access to the personal information you hold?
You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and where necessary have any inaccuracies corrected.
No charge is made for this and should you wish to see what we hold then please contact us using the details from section 9 below.
How to contact us
To contact us please use the following:-
By email: [email protected] by telephone: 01373 462795 (during Box Office opening hours or answerphone out of hours) or by post to: Frome Memorial Theatre, Christchurch Street West, Frome, BA11 1EB.
Contacting the Regulator
If you are not happy with the way in which we have processed or dealt with your personal information then please contact us accordingly. If after you have approached us and you are still unhappy with the response given you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via the helpline on 0303 123 1113 or online at www.ico.org.uk/concerns
Updated – May 2021